Wednesday, November 19

"Snack" Puppets



I'd been feeling bad that I hadn't been doing any fun stuff with the kids lately, especially with the Boutique Show and everything I had been pretty busy, so I invited my friend Julie and her 4 kids over and we made sack puppets! Or "snack" puppets, as Jeron calls them ~ I guess it's partially true since they are made out of lunch bags! Ha ha.

Ever since I made them for my Primary class, Jeron's been dying to actually make one of his own, but his creation turned out a little less structured . . . :)


Um, yeah - he's a boy. One that loves the glue gun a little TOO much. And don't even ask about the knight's helmet. What can I say, he's Jeron. :)

In actuality, it ended up being Julie and I in the kitchen making puppets and loving it, while the kids mostly ran around playing and chasing each other! I forgot to take pics while Julie was there, but her boys actually put together a dinosaur and girl puppet that turned out pretty cute. And although our little craft project turned out to be more entertaining for the adults than the kids, everyone had lots of fun!

Jocelyn displaying the puppet she supervised.




I think she's wondering why in the world that girl has such a big mouth!



My floor afterwards . . . Oh, but it was SOOO much better in person! Jeron dumped an entire bag of buttons on the floor . . . not to mention all the scraps of paper and ribbon!



And my table ~ pretty impressive, don't you think?! (Hey Erica, you recognize that table?!)



It was all worth it though and I'm sure we'll be making "snack" puppets again in the near future! Keep posted for new additions to our puppet family . . . :)

6 comments:

Romney Family said...

what cute puppets!! You truely are talented. I wish I had that talent!! All I can do is cook no artistic talent what so ever~my poor kids!! Do want to come to my house and help them make some?

Blake and Erica said...

The table still looks brand new. I forgot that you guys had it. All the puppets turned out very nice. It looks like Jeron likes glue just as much as Karlee does. I didn't know you were a Primary teacher. How are you liking it?

ashley said...

What a fun thing to do! I keep trying to come up with fun things/projects for Elli to do because if not, I start working on my own projects and the poor little thing gets bored. Thanks for a fun idea!

Gosh, Jocelyn is such a big girl now! What a beauty!

Amber said...

that's a fun idea! I need to do things with Brylee like that because now that it's cold outside she is so bord!! Anyways I'm sorry you got locked out of my blog I sent you an invite this morning:)

Talia said...

You're such a fun mom. All I ever do with Kayla and Evan is make popcorn so we can watch a movie together! Haha. Ok, so I sometimes get more inventive then that but it's tiring to be creative! ;) I may have to steal your idea....They turned out so cute!

Marci Ward said...

Hey Mousers! I found your blog on Michele Robert's. I know that Buck talked with Brent the other day, but I am glad to see your cute family! We have a blog too and if you are interested I'll send you an invite (my email is marciward22@yahoo.com). Good to see you, we miss you guys!