Tuesday, September 22

Blondes vs. Brunettes

It's official ~ guys prefer blondes over brunettes. You know when it comes from your own son at the ripe old age of 5, it can't be misunderstood! :) Our conversation yesterday after school:

Me: What did you do at school today?

Jeron: Evelyn and I stamped with letters.

Me: Evelyn? That's a pretty name.

Jeron: I like her.

Me: Ya? I like her name.

Jeron: I like HER.

I laughed. "So why do you like Evelyn?"

Jeron: She has yellow hair. I like girls with yellow hair. They're the cutest.

Me: Don't you like girls with brown hair?

Jeron: I like yellow hair like Evelyn's. She's the cutest.

Me: My hair is kind of yellow right now, but it's brown sometimes too.

Jeron: Ya, you're the cutest too. You and Evelyn are the two cutest.

I laughed again. "You know, girls with brown hair are cute too. Don't you have any friends with brown hair?"

Jeron: Ya, but I like yellow the best. Like Kayla (his cousin.) And Evelyn. I like her. He pauses and thinks for a minute, then cocks his head . . . "Evelyn has a really cute voice." (almost to himself)

I just laughed, trying not to be too worried that my 5 year old is already contemplating the sound of little yellow-haired Evelyn's voice .... at 5 years old, it starts!! :o)

5 comments:

Romney Family said...

LOL~that is too funny!!! What a cute little boy!!

Yatesfam said...

HAHA!! That is so .... wow! LOL it's really the funniest thing. He's so cute.

Schwab Family said...

You tell Jeron I am offended.Ha!J/K. I will just have to make sure I keep highlites in Natalias hair.Seriously though...that is so cute!It is so funny when they act so grown up.Miss and love you guys!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

I love it!! that's so funny!!

bellanessa said...

how funny! you've got a little cassanova on your hands! (I probablily spelled that wrong... but yeah...)love you tell the kidos hi 4 me!