Monday, September 15

Perspective & Peanut Butter




This morning I stumbled upon a Utah family's blog through a friend's blogspot; it was a sad story about a family who had lost their beautiful daughter to an accident just a few weeks short of her 2nd birthday. She choked on an apple piece the size of a pea. I couldn't even imagine losing a child and couldn't help thinking that this could happen so easily to my family, to any family. I was struck so intensely by this that my immediate reaction (after telling my twin sister Talia about it of course) was to turn off my computer and go and spend time with my kids. We spent our time with a morning swim and an early snack.



As the warm Arizona breeze fanned our tan faces and the sound of my children's laughter bounced off the water, I felt how lucky I was to have my children, not only now, but for eternity. As long as I live worthy of them, they are mine forever, and we can be together forever. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for the direction and guidance that it brings us. This knowledge calms me when I start letting my fears of the unknown creep in. My eternal perspective was renewed, and so was my desire to live righteously so that we can all return home together as an eternal family. Our time here is so short-lived, and we make so many mistakes, at least I know that I do! I am so grateful for our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, so that we can follow their example and be forgiven for our many shortcomings, and live each day to be more like them. I pray that we may all strive for perfection in our own lives, and that we take the time to enjoy the many blessings we are given. At this time, mine come wrapped in peanut butter & jelly kisses and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Talia said...

Isn't being a mom great? I know we take our kids for granted sometimes, but I feel so blessed to have my three little angels (even if sometimes they're less then angels ;) but I adore them still. I know I can be a better mother to them and I'm trying to change little by little every day. Thanks for the reminder. Miss & love you tons!! And your cute kiddos!!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Isn't Mollys story sad? I refuse now to let my kids eat apples! I am so scared that the same thing could possibly happen to our family. Take everyday to spend more time with your kids then the last. Life can get way crazy some times, but if you settle down and relax and just play with your kids, it makes the day so much better :)