Wednesday, October 21

Toddler Talk & Other Sweet Stories

A little while ago Jocelyn came to me, gripping her finger with a concerned look on her face. "Mommy, I have a wizard in my finger!" (to the less refined world devoid of toddlers, the more commonly known term would be "splinter.":)

Jocelyn is following me in from the car the other day, and it was a rainy afternoon, so I tell her to follow in my footsteps so that she wouldn't get mud all over her shoes.

Jocie: "Oh thank you Mommy! You saved my life!"

I suppose preventing getting mud all over your pink sparkly shoes would be pretty life-saving to a princess :)




Jeron, resisting wearing pajamas to bed one night, requested to sleep in his jacket and jeans. "Please, Mom, I'm begging you."

Speaking of begging, Jocelyn had been begging for a pink dress for weeks, and anytime I was on the computer, she would ask me to look up a pink dress for her. One day, after having not spoken about the desired pink dress for a few days, she is downstairs playing with Grandma. Grandma asks her, Jocie, what is your Mom doing? With a huge exasperated and disappointed sigh, Jocelyn randomly responds, "I don't know ... NOT buying me a pink dress."

Jocelyn, in response to refusing her recent request for having a bedtime bowl of cereal. "Papa, I am going to get mad at you!!"

After helping Jeron get ready for bed a few nights ago, he sits beside me and puts his arms around my neck.


"You are the sweetest Mama ever! I always wanted a Mama just like you! I love you soo much! I am going to keep my arms around you forever ..."



I love my sweet kiddos and I'm going to keep my arms around them forever too :)

6 comments:

Talia said...

That Joci girl cracks me up!! She is so darn cute. Tell her to be on the lookout for "pink dress" from a mysterious place- some call it California. ;) And Jeron is such a sweetheart. I like their comments far better then Evan's "welcome to my...." nevermind! you know what I mean. haha. Miss you guys!!

Romney Family said...

how funny and cute!! Kids sure say the sweetest and cutest things!!!

Bree said...

Those are just precious!! What sweet and funny little kids you have! Sometimes don't you wonder where the heck they get some of the stuff they say!?!? Glad you recorded these. :)

Spilsburys said...

Ok Joci is getting so big ! SO CUTE !
Loved reading this post by the way!

bellanessa said...

cute kids!so funny! loved it!

Marci Ward said...

Ohh that just makes it all worth it when they say you are a great mom. I think lots of times we wonder (at least I do). That is neat that they tell you how great you are because you are a great mom!