Monday, March 9

Blog Facelift Design!



I'm sure you have all heard of the site, http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com - Well, currently they have a designer position available to join their very own design team! The designer would be responsible for doing custom blog facelifts. So, I inquired about the position, and was asked to design a blog facelift with the following criteria: custom background, custom banner, custom blog button, and custom signature. Design requests: b&w with colored accents; scrapbook layered look; header - family name: The Simmons 5; quote - Light tomorrow with today ... - My final design that I submitted is posted above!



Here is another design that I fine-tuned afterwards. It was alot of fun to create, but I think I may be disqualified; they requested that you do not use any digital scrapbooking images and that it must be your original work, and I think I mistook this to mean only digital templates/layouts and not all images in general, but we shall see ... fun anyways and it would be a blast to do that part-time! Maybe I will start my own thing on the side designing blog backgrounds ... :) Now that I know the proper dimensions, etc., look for my very own custom layout coming soon! :)

5 comments:

Carissa said...

Nice, how much do you charge? :D

Blake and Erica said...

looks good to me :)

Kari said...

So cute, you would be great for that position!

Amber said...

that looks great! you are so talented! I hope to one day be good at the digi scrapping so i can do more:)
(what program do you use?)

Blake and Erica said...

We do have almost the same back ground on our blog. I didn't want to have to keep changing mine with the hoildays so I choose the black and white one. Yours looks great...it always does :)

~Erica